If you’re getting some errors connecting with proxies this guide should help you trouble shoot. Specifically made for those using bestproxyandvpn.com .
You need to authenticate eaither through whitelisting your IP address or adding your credentials to the proxy string in uBuyFirst. Below shows how to do the first method, authorizing your IP address.
- Within the control panel, click on “Authorize IP’s” (shown below)
- Then click “Autodetect IP”. (Shown below)
- Once you’ve done this a record of your IP address should show up
- Then click save
When using this method you should only have to enter in your proxy IP and port information into uBuyFirst.
- Where 18.104.22.168 is the IP
- 54321 is the port
- a “:” in between the IP and port with no spaces. (without the quotations)\
Proxy Username and Password Authentication
If you’re not going to use the whitelist IP method, then you’ll need to add your bestproxyandvpn login username and password to the proxy string in uBuyFirst.
For example, if you have 2 proxies (with ports)
And your credentials to login to bestproxyandvpn.com are:
- username: ubuyfirst
- password: password
Then the string for each proxy you add in uBuyFirst would look like:
The format is IP:Port:Username:Password (with commas in between each item)
PLEASE NOTE: You should only have to do one method of authentication however it’s perfectly safe to do both and is advised if you’re having any issues to help isolate the potential problem.
Too Many Calls Not Enough Proxies
uBuyFirst will sequentially use the proxies you have in your list to make calls. If your call threshold is set high and you have a low number of proxies you could be creating a bottleneck. Each proxy can only have one open connection at a time and if the information from the previous call (for that specific IP) hasn’t been fully returned and another call is attempted with that IP you could end up with a failed call.
How to check for this issue:
- Disable all keyword search terms except 1 (or just a few)
- Set the “Interval” on the keywords you’ve enabled to a value ranging from 1 second to 5 seconds. (“0” is hyper speed which means as fast as possible with PC and internet connection)
If the error messages go away then consider reducing the call interval or getting more proxies.
- Ensure no spaces at the end of proxy information in uBuyFirst. Sometimes this can happen when you copy and paste from a browser or other document.
- Ensure no extra lines in the proxy space within uBuyFirst.
- Ensure your subscription is paid and activated.
- Ensure you have proxies option enabled in uBuyFirst.
- If you just activated proxies, it could take 10-15 minutes before all proxies are working properly.
- If you receive some errors, check the LOG grid panel (on the left side of dialog box) and see if it’s a single proxy, a few or all proxies that are failing. If it’s a single or a few check the proxy input list for any errors. If everything looks ok, try choosing new locations and resetting those specific proxies for new ones.
- Ensure your uBuyFirst subscription is up-to-date and active and using the correct license key. Proxies requires enterprise level or higher.
- It’s best to use proxy locations for the eBay site which you’re searching rather than closest in proximity to your location. Ex: If searching eBay.com from Europe, it’s best to choose IP addresses in the USA.
- Add uBuyFirst to your Windows firewall and Antivirus safe list.
Ready to win those newly listed eBay items on your mobile devices?
uBuyFirst has just released new functionality with a direct integration to pushbullet allowing you to push new listings from the uBuyFirst desktop application directly to your mobile devices or browser.
What is Pushbullet?
Pushbullet is one of the fastest and easiest way to get links, notes, lists, files, and addresses both from your desktop computer to your mobile device and vice versa. All of this is done from the Pushbullet Android app, the service’s Web site, or one of the browser extensions for Chrome or Firefox. – Cnet
In our words, pushbullet connects your most important data between all your devices in real time!
Specifically to uBuyFirst, pushbullet allows you to receive customized listing snippets for new listings while your away from your PC on any of your connected devices and/or browser (Chrome or FireFox) while the application is up and running on your local PC.
uBuyFirst & Pushbullet Features
- Listings found on uBuyFirst sent directly to pushbullet connected devices
- Select which specific devices to push listings to.
- Start/Stop uBuyFirst remotely with pushbullet commands to uBuyFirst desktop application.
- Configure data sent to pushbullet devices using any item fields in uBuyFirst
- Directed to eBay Mobile app to buy item quickly.
- FREE for Enterprise users!
Other Pushbullet Resources
Setup Pushbullet with uBuyFirst
Head over to the pushbullet setup tutorial for step by step instructions to get started!
To get started buying items on eBay with uBuyFirst, you first need to download and install the application. If you already have, Great!
- If you haven’t, visit the download page and click on the trial version link below the subscription packages.
- Enter in your name and email address and a download link will be sent to your email address.
- Check your email and click on the link to be directed to automatically download uBuyFirst.
- If you don’t receive the email, check your spam or junk filters and/or allow email@example.com to your white list.
About The Trial Version
- The trial version is a FREE 30 Day trial of the highest Enterprise subscription package
- The 30 days starts from the date the application is installed on your machine.
- After 30 days, the trial version will convert to the free basic version for as long as you wish to use.
About the FREE Basic Version
The basic version is still a very powerful buying tool but will lack some advanced features that serious power buyers use to gain slight advantages. Overall, the version is still going to find items just about as fast as the paid subscription packages. In comparison with other buying tools, the free basic version outperforms other free and paid tools.
- Required Windows Operating System
- 1GHZ Processor, 2GB Ram and high speed internet is recommended. 2GHZ Processor and 4GB Ram is recommended.
- Microsoft .Net framework is required and will check during install if this is installed on your machine. If not, you’ll be directed to download and install.
- uBuyFirst is Digitally Signed providing enhanced security when the application is run for your protection.
- If for some reason you get security warnings when installing uBuyFirst, please add uBuyFirst to your antivirus white list and/or allow the application through Windows Firewall.
- If still having any issues, trying unblocking the application before installing.
- uBuyFirst.com website and download is SSL protected with Digicert for an enhanced level of security.
- If your diving directly into a subscription, select the package you desire.
- You’ll be forwarded to our secure checkout page with FastSpring when you can pay via credit card or PayPal.
- Upon checkout, an email will be sent by firstname.lastname@example.org with your license key which will be prompted for the first time you run uBuyFirst.
- Alternatively, you may enter your subscription by using the applications navigation menu HELP > SUBSCRIPTION Information.
- After you’ve entered in your license key, please close and restart the application before using.
Help with Downloading and Installation
- If you have any questions or need assistance with downloading, installing or activating your subscription, please use the contact form or contact us directly at email@example.com .
- Please include the email you signed up with name, and contact information if you wish to be contacted outside of email.
- If you prefer, send us your Skype user ID or add us on Google+