If you’re getting some errors connecting with proxies this guide should help you trouble shoot. Specifically made for those using bestproxyandvpn.com .
You need to authenticate eaither through whitelisting your IP address or adding your credentials to the proxy string in uBuyFirst. Below shows how to do the first method, authorizing your IP address.
- Within the control panel, click on “Authorize IP’s” (shown below)
- Then click “Autodetect IP”. (Shown below)
- Once you’ve done this a record of your IP address should show up
- Then click save
When using this method you should only have to enter in your proxy IP and port information into uBuyFirst.
- Where 126.96.36.199 is the IP
- 54321 is the port
- a “:” in between the IP and port with no spaces. (without the quotations)\
Proxy Username and Password Authentication
If you’re not going to use the whitelist IP method, then you’ll need to add your bestproxyandvpn login username and password to the proxy string in uBuyFirst.
For example, if you have 2 proxies (with ports)
And your credentials to login to bestproxyandvpn.com are:
- username: ubuyfirst
- password: password
Then the string for each proxy you add in uBuyFirst would look like:
The format is IP:Port:Username:Password (with commas in between each item)
PLEASE NOTE: You should only have to do one method of authentication however it’s perfectly safe to do both and is advised if you’re having any issues to help isolate the potential problem.
Too Many Calls Not Enough Proxies
uBuyFirst will sequentially use the proxies you have in your list to make calls. If your call threshold is set high and you have a low number of proxies you could be creating a bottleneck. Each proxy can only have one open connection at a time and if the information from the previous call (for that specific IP) hasn’t been fully returned and another call is attempted with that IP you could end up with a failed call.
How to check for this issue:
- Disable all keyword search terms except 1 (or just a few)
- Set the “Interval” on the keywords you’ve enabled to a value ranging from 1 second to 5 seconds. (“0” is hyper speed which means as fast as possible with PC and internet connection)
If the error messages go away then consider reducing the call interval or getting more proxies.
- Ensure no spaces at the end of proxy information in uBuyFirst. Sometimes this can happen when you copy and paste from a browser or other document.
- Ensure no extra lines in the proxy space within uBuyFirst.
- Ensure your subscription is paid and activated.
- Ensure you have proxies option enabled in uBuyFirst.
- If you just activated proxies, it could take 10-15 minutes before all proxies are working properly.
- If you receive some errors, check the LOG grid panel (on the left side of dialog box) and see if it’s a single proxy, a few or all proxies that are failing. If it’s a single or a few check the proxy input list for any errors. If everything looks ok, try choosing new locations and resetting those specific proxies for new ones.
- Ensure your uBuyFirst subscription is up-to-date and active and using the correct license key. Proxies requires enterprise level or higher.
- It’s best to use proxy locations for the eBay site which you’re searching rather than closest in proximity to your location. Ex: If searching eBay.com from Europe, it’s best to choose IP addresses in the USA.
- Add uBuyFirst to your Windows firewall and Antivirus safe list.