uBuyFirst Features and Functions
- Windows Operating System (Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8)
- 32-Bit or 64-Bit Operating System will both work.
- 2GB of Ram (4GB Recommended)
- “i” Series Intel Processor or Higher end AMD processor. – i5 or higher is recommended or equivalent AMD processor.
- 20MB of Hard Drive Space – The application is very small.
- High Speed Internet Connection with at least 1MB/sec download and 1MB/sec upload.
- It’s best to use a direct connection to your router instead of using Wi-Fi connection.
- Add the application to your firewall and/or virus protector white list.
Application Screenshots and Feature List
- Will search eBay via API for multiple search terms concurrently.
- Set individual searches with frequency of call interval.
- Setup unlimited amount of search terms.
- Give each search your own internal name to more easily identify new listings on the UI.
- Enable or Disable searches that are already setup. No need to re-created or delete.
- Set price minimum and maximum price for item.
- Import/Export search terms and “autobuy” rules.
- Search worldwide or US Only.
User Interface Features
Main Grid Features
This area is located at the top of the “Main” tab in a grid structure. By default, Newly listed items will display at the top of the list. This area is usually reviewed by the user first and includes the most important item specific, pricing and seller information.
- Customize main grid layout.
- Can re-size, remove or add standard search fields or category specific item specs.
- Listing status of all records are assigned a color. (Green – New Listing, Grey – Old, Red – No Longer Available)
- Ability to clear all records on the screen.
- Displays seller information, item secs, returns, warranty information, category identification and much more!
- Customize how many records to display n the main grid area.
Custom Item Specifics Features
This area displays the most relevant information related to the item. It can use any available fields for the item or seller but is usually setup to recapture the most important information within your purchasing decision criteria before moving onto the actual listing description. In addition, this is where the pictures for the item will be available for review.
- View ALL pictures of an eBay listing.
- Single click on a picture to zoom in. Click again to zoom out.
- Easily add or remove the additional records to display and the order they’re in.
- Set default picture and record size by pressing +/-
- Resize the entire Custom Item/Picture Module.
- Includes a buy button if you prefer not to double click on the listing record in the main grid area.
eBay Listing Description Features:
This is the main description area of an eBay listing enclosed within the application.
- Includes full details of the eBay listing description.
- Supports HTML descriptions or clean text description where just includes words.
- Can set default size of overall text in the main display by pressing the +/- signs on the bottom left.
Description Words or Phrases Color Highlighting.
- As seen above, can setup individual words or phrases to be highlighted in color in the description area. Can distinguish between 3 different color codes.
- This greatly improves your chances of identifying important, negative or positive terms for your purchasing criteria by improving your ability to skim listings rather than read every detail word for word.
- This is setup on the “Options” tab
- Sound Alert – System will play default sound when item is found. You can also select your own sound file to play or disable this feature.
- Popup from Tray – If application is minimized when new listing is found, the application will maximize in the default window.
- Items Max Age – Set the default amount of time to search back for new listings during each search. This works to find additional items that have had some delay replicating across eBay’s servers that become available after the standard few minutes that a listing is normally able to found within. PLEASE NOTE – This can also cause a decrease in performance and/or performance issues. Finding a correct balance is essential.
- Records all found listings data – Will record in a CSV file all items found by the software and the most important fields including actual listed time, found time by the local PC and the sold time of the item (if application registers the listing record as sold when the application is running). This can be useful to go back and track performance and/or competition information based on thread, internet or computer hardware performance)
- Use of proxies – Can establish proxies to run searches. This application is eBay Compatible, hence there it’s not necessary to search via proxies. However, many users have experienced retrieving newly listed items faster by calling out to various other connections across the USA. While this does increase the total load and delay time of an actual call, the advantage is the randomness of newly listed items being available at various servers through replication. In theory, this can decrease this randomness.
- Minimize to Tray – Upon minimizing the application, it will only display in the tray location.
- Item Specifics – If searching within multiple categories, you’re able to select these via the category number and import selected item specific variables to display in the user interface.
- Auto-Buy Criteria – This does not “auto-buy” the item, but it will run a check based on if/then rules on the listing variables to screen out, eliminate or verify the most important purchasing decisions based on these fields. ex: If a listing is found for the search term “iPhone 5 Unlocked”, where the purchasing criteria is “unlocked” for carrier, but the item spec matches “Verizon”, this rule set could be established on the “Keyword” tab and would display in the “Auto-buy” field on the main UI. — In summary, it’s an additional way for checks and balances to ensure proper purchasing.
- Get Details – For those saved CSV or otherwise available item numbers, this section will run an API call to check specific item numbers and record the listed time, sold time (if sold), seller info and buyer information if sold (that’s available).
- Error Logs – Records information regarding any errors with the API calls, internet connection or application. This information is not shared and does not collect any personal or other sensitive information outside of this application or specific to actual errors.
Total Cost Including Shipping
- Auto Calculation of shipping cost. Input your ship to zip code and the “Total Price” field will display any listing without free shipping.
- The “Total Price” field will calculate base Buy-It-Now price + lowest shipping cost for variable shipping.
- For non-variable shipping cost, it will calculate the sellers lowest offered shipping cost + BIN price.
Product Database Purchasing Criteria
This is one of the most powerful features of uBuyFirst. Made for those who buy many products within many different “SKU” or conditions.
A buyer might want to purchase 20 different cell phone models. Within each of these cell phone models there could be a different price or purchasing criteria for the variants of “Carrier” and “Condition”. Verizon has a different buy price than Sprint and one with a cracked screen has a different price than a fully functional unit.
For these 20 “models” a buyer wishes to purchase, 80 different price points could be established! In order to purchase the most units possible, we’ve created a way for you to setup this information before purchasing and have it handy within the application.
When an “iPhone 5” on “Verizon” is found, a user would want to see the 3 different condition variants of “iPhone 5 (model) / Verizon (carrier)” that he might have — “No Power”, “Cracked Glass”, “Fully Functional”, “Bad ESN/IMEI” etc.
The user can create a different record within their google docs file so they don’t have to memorize this information, reducing the chances for a bad purchase and overall total time to make a quick purchasing decision.
- Can create spreadsheet in google docs file
- Input URL of this file into the “Options Tab”
- Matches master price list to found listing by matching of fields within docs/item specs.
We’re constantly making updates to the application. For additional features, please check the change log. All new production versions will prompt upon application restart to download and install automatically.