- After receiving a download link and serial number, visit the provided URL and download uBuyFirst installation file.
- uBuyFirst requires Microsoft .net 4.5.1 framework. It’s best to be on Win 7 or Win 8. Win XP isn’t compatible with .net 4.5.1. Your system will be checked when installed and prompted to navigate to the download page if needed.
- Because uBuyFirst checks your system clock time to ensure it’s synced with eBay’s time and makes many calls via the eBay API, your browser could throw some red flag when downloading and installing the application as their default security policies are fairly restrictive.
- Once you’ve downloaded (our example is with Google Chrome) in the bottom footer showing the download you could get a message that looks like the following:
Simply click the “Dismiss” button.
- Next, go to SETTINGS > DOWNLOADS and you should see uBuyFirst within your browsers download history.
- Click “Recover Malicious File”
You’ll then get a dialog window that shows the following:
- Click “HURT ME PLENTY”
Please do not be alarmed by this. Again, all of these dialog windows not be present if uBuyFirst did not check your system clock time and compare it against eBay’s official time. This is a very important aspect of making calls to eBay to find newly listed items.
- Once you’ve done this, you should still be in the downloads directory of the browser
- Click the “Show in Folder” button or navigate your PC to your download directory.
- Locate the file and RIGHT CLICK only on the uBuyFirst Setup file
- Click the “Unblock” button (if present) on the bottom, then click “Apply” (but do not close)
- Next, go to the TOP tabs of the properties and click on “Compatibility” (see below)
- Click (enable) the check box that says “Run this Program as an administrator” and then click “Apply”
- Next, navigate to the top tabs again under “Security”
- Ensure that for the group or username in which you plan to run uBuyFirst that check marks (allow) are present for all permissions for the system. “Special Permissions” doesn’t need to have allow next to it.
- If you need to change, click EDIT above the permissions, make the change save and apply.
You can now close out of the installer properties and double click/run the install.
Read uBuyFirst license agreement and if accept, click “I Accept the Agreement” and click NEXT
Select the installation folder (It’s best to use the default)
Select start menu folder name (this will also create the uninstall option in this folder) and click NEXT
Next menu will ask if you wish to create a desktop icon. If so, keep checked and click next.
After, click INSTALL and uBuyFirst will be installed to your PC. Upon completion, you’ll be asked if you wish to run uBuyFirst. If ready to proceed, click ok.
- When ran for the first time, uBuyFirst will ask for your Serial Number and/or login information provided to you at the time of your signup.
Enter this in properly. Copy and paste usually work. Make sure no characters on end of copy/paste. If it doesn’t work the first time, manually enter in the serial number.
Once entered in a valid serial number, you’ll be taken to the default interface of uBuyFirst.
- High speed internet connection is highly advisable. Search results and/or crashes and malfunctions of uBuyFirst could occur without a high speed connection.
- If you have virus/malware/spyware software installed, it’s best to open these and put uBuyFirst on the allow/exceptions list. While the software may still run, it’s possible search calls/retrieval of data could suffer if each needs to pass through and be checked each and every time (If possible, include the entire uBuyFirst folder rather than just the executable)
- It’s also best to go to your windows firewall and set uBuyFirst as an exception.
- PC speed can directly result in performance, along with internet speed. It’s advisable to be on an i3 Series or above with at least 2GB of RAM.
- Windows XP does not work well with uBuyFirst as the newest .net packages uBuyFirst uses isn’t compatible with Win XP.
- Wireless connection will work but you will have the most benefit with a hardwired internet connection directly to your router.
You’re now ready to setup uBuyFirst and being winning those Newly Listed Buy-It-Now items on eBay!