Using item specifics is a great way to have more information on hand at the time you make a purchasing decision. Most other applications give you limited fields of data from a listing such as title, price and maybe some basic seller information. uBuyFirst’s approach is to help you have all of the available information on hand the moment a listing has been retreived to speed up the decision time and not have to navigate outside of the application to the eBay.com listing page and review more details there.
Some buyers have very limited needs while others have more advanced. For both types of users, item specs by category can be used and then customized to display in the way that best fits your needs on the main interface.
- Start by navigating to the SPECIFICS tab.
- Enter in the NUMERICAL category ID of the category you purchase in. (Not sure what the category ID is? …go to ebay.com and type in your search. After the results have been returned, go to the category section on the left top navigation of the results. Hover over the category your items are in and look at the URL structure. Example: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cell-Phones-Smartphones-/9355/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=iPhone+5 ….9355 would be the category ID.
- Take this category ID and input into the ITEM ID box and click “GET SPECIFICS”
- All item specs for that category will be listed in the top dialog box.
- Select which ones you wish to bring into the interface (bring in any and all you think you’ll need. You can remove later when setting up the main UI)
- Click “add selected” once you’ve selected the ones you want.
- The selected item specs to display in the search results will be on the bottom dialog box.