Make Offer #
uBuyFirst allows you to directly make offers and includes some automation to increase the time to submit an offer to the seller.
You can also use the “Make Offer” button in the Buy Panel.
Buyers might often want to take a crack at making an offer to see if the seller has an automated accepted price just below the “Buy It Now” price.
The “Make Offer” button is conditional.
If “Make Offer” is available the button text will be visible and lighter shade indicating not available.
- Auto offer price – You can set a default price to be sent based on a percetage of the total price.
- Click “Subtract shipping price” for the offer price to calculate price + shipping
- Enter quantity to be offered if greater than 1
- Create and select a message to be sent to the seller (optional)
- Click “Make Offer”
- A returned response will indicate if the offer was accepted/declined.
Customize Confirmation Panel #
- You can also customize the layout of the confirmation page
- Select “Customize Layout” then go to the LAYOUT TREE VIEW and drag items from HIDDEN ITEMS to ROOT (add field) or right click and remove (delete).
- Ensure you save your layout with the save button and then re save your workspace layout.
The challenge is to determine if the time spent to make an offer is worth missing out on the item if the default price already works for you.
If the seller doesn’t auto accept, then you can often attempt 2-3 times.
If no auto-accepted offer, of the seller has to manually review and you still want the item at the listed price, you can continue straight to checkout and buy the item.
If you can’t afford to miss the deal then skip making an offer might be best. Buyers might also elevate their keyword price by 10-15% and then create filter rules to highlight these records for a specific search term if the price is greater than their default max price and if the item has make offer. This way when you see a listing in the results view with this highlighted color, you know your only option is to make an offer automatically for -10% of the price.